Thursday, August 19, 2010

Travel Day

Today is the day I travel half way around the world.  My bags are packed and now I'm just waiting for my husband to return from running some errands before we head off in a bit to have lunch with my mom before heading to the airport.  My flight leaves St. Louis at 4 PM and then I leave from Chicago at 8:30 PM.  It will be Friday at 7:30 PM in Abu Dhabi when I arrive.  Keep in mind there is a 9 hour time difference.

Anyway, saying my goodbyes to my kiddos this morning went much better than I thought it would go-mo major tears.  I am hoping for the same when I have to say goodbye to Curt at the airport later.  This trip is going to be a test of just how independent I can be and how great a father Curt can be.   I know that we will both succeed and grow as a result of the challenges that will be ahead.

Finally, thanks to everyone for their prayers!  I love you all and will miss everyone, but will keep in contact as much as possible.  In fact, my next post will be from Abu Dhabi and will include pictures, too!  I can't wait to get there and see what awaits.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! We're anxious to hear from you once you get over there...

    ReplyDelete