Sunday, August 15, 2010

Packing for the Journey

In just five short days I will be boarding my flight in St. Louis, head to Chicago, and then make my connection to Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.  Then, the adventure will truly begin.  I'll be teaching Kindergarten and living in a foreign country for the next two years.

As a result, much of this afternoon was spent packing one of two suitcase I can take on the long flight to Abu Dhabi.  Going through all of my belongings and trying to decide what to take, what not to take, and staying within the limits of my suitcases and the airline weight limits sure is a challenge.  Luckily, after about 4 hours, I have one bag packed and am well on my way to filling up the second.  I do have to give a shout out to my daughter, Abra, for helping me make some crucial decisions about what to take and how to pack it-You Rock, Girl!

Anyway, be sure to check back often and see my progress!  I promise to post often and tell the story of my adventures here.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jennifer,
    It's Saturday the 14th of August 2010 - 10:15 pm EST. It's Sarah L. Swanson - Else Ronning's friend in North Carolina. It was good speaking with you the other day. I imagine you may still be in flight. I'm hoping to get my ticket for departure on the 23rd of Aug. Are you certain you can only take two suit cases? I thought we could bring extra if we paid the cost. Have you heard otherwise? Do you know which hotel you have been assigned yet? What about the apartment/city location? Looking forward to getting to our shared adventure.
    Cheers,
    Sarah
    Email: slswangirl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to include pictues along with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm w/ya...leave 8-20 from LAX to NY

    ReplyDelete